Thursday, February 7, 2008

Some Digital Musings and a FREEBIE!

Today's freebie is the element pack to go with the papers from yesterday. You'll find them down-post!

About the elements? It seems like there should be more of them considering the amount of time they took to make! Oh my! It's a pretty steep learning curve! But, it was so much FUN! I am shocked at how much I enjoyed making all of this stuff. The hardest part for me is picking colors, you know? Oh, and names. My hat is off to all you "real" designers out there. You make this stuff look easy! Oh, and thanks to my Scrapshare focus group for putting up with all of my "does this look like glitter?" posts yesterday!

I am learning so much by doing this. Just yesterday I learned:

  • There are a thousand ways to do digital glitter wrong. :)
  • All about Photoshop Styles
  • How to create a style
  • The true importance of layers.
  • and it's easy to make cartoony elements, much harder to make realistic ones!
So there you have it. And now for the freebie.

I remembered to do the elements in 300 dpi. They do not have drop shadows in the PNG files, only in my JPEG.

My apologies again about the papers being 200 dpi. I noticed that I had to size up to even use them as 8x8. I was bummed. But, hey, learn something new every day, right??


Click the picture to download!

3 comments:

Tracy Kosofsky said...

I love the way your elements turned out!!! :)

Le@nne said...

How awesome that you share your creativity! Love how the papers and elements turned out :)

HarleyGirl said...

thank for sharing these, I love the colors and I think you did a great job