Thursday, March 27, 2008

Excuses, excuses

I apologize for the unexpected (and unannounced) hiatus. Life gets in the way sometimes, you know? I could come up with a ton of excuses, but, truth be told, I was catching up on some things I let slide... like housework, laundry, dishes. Nothing like a threatened mutiny of the rest of the household to reset your daily to-do list!

No, really, things weren't ALL that bad. Really, we have been busy with school and Junior Burger has decided to go and get all mobile and everything. That means I have to spend a LOT more time chasing him down and checking the floor for things like Barbie shoes and hair bands (not Motley Crue or Poison, silly! ponytail holders!). Okay, that was a bad joke...

We went to the Botanic Gardens last week. It was great fun! We had started out thinking that we would go to the zoo, but when we got there we noticed that people were parking over a MILE away from the front gates. So, we nixed that and decided to go on a day when the general public would be back in school. So shoot me, I forgot it was Spring Break and Good Friday to boot. Duh.

Anyway, here's a few pictures for your enjoyment, with apologies to any of you that are not experiencing spring yet...it is wonderful...I know you can't wait.



Was that exceptionally cruel?

Well, hopefully the belated appearance of the long-awaited Second City Elements will make up for it!

YAY!

Yes, the torn papers are part of the package. I really enjoyed this one. I am hoping to get some more designing done in the future. Mainly, I am waiting for inspiration to strike.

Enjoy!

P.S. Good Luck Mom and Bro in your race on Saturday!

P.P.S. Thank you all for your wonderful comments and support on my last post. It meant alot. I was really afraid that I was going to put people out when I posted that. Whew!

P.P.P.S. Erika - Thank you for being concerned about me. That was so sweet of you to check on me!


2 comments:

Erika said...

Glad to see you back. LOL as I read your post I looked at some of the everyday things that are mounting up here housework wise. Work has been very busy for me for the last six months so I am looking forward to some time off this month. Funny thing with kids, we wish for their milestones then have to deal with the reality of things like improved mobility. As for your hair bands, how could you forget Bon Jovi and one for the girls Bananarama! Okay showing my age now.

runningmemaw said...

Race run...Thanks for thinking of us...LOVE the blog and check it often :)

Love ya!