Thursday, November 20, 2008

Just sharing a bit

I am really looking forward to the holidays this year. I don't know why. Last year, I was so not in the holiday spirit. I think I was just overwhelmed and sleep-deprived!

At any rate, my December Daily album is coming along nicely. The general idea is to have the album basically put together before December. Since I am a digital scrapper this created somewhat of an issue for me. I have very little in the way of paper supplies left and no real desire to go out and buy all that I would need for this album to look the way I want! So, I am improvising.

I am still making my pages ahead of time. When December rolls around I can just drop a picture into the page and print. Easy-peasy.

Here's my Day 1 page. I used a picture from last year to get the idea of layout and composition. I journaled about that picture as well so I could pick my font. :)

 
All materials from Pamela Donnis' Merry and Bright available at Elemental Scraps.
 And something really neat! You can go to Your Fonts and get a free font of your very own handwriting! The "December" on the above page is my writing. You can do as many as you want, so I'll probably do another, better, more thought out one. 
But, back to the December Daily, the back side of each page will be other pictures from that day that I like or enjoy. 
I am really looking forward to having a completed album celebrating the magic of the 25 days of Christmas. And you know how I know I am gonna finish? Meet my accountability partner...

2 comments:

runningmemaw said...

Hey there - do I have the best thing for you! My friend gave me a couple of books of "stamp" ideas...they are awsome and look like the digital stuff you do..you might be able to get some ideas for your album there! See you tomorrow!!!!

Love

Branch's & Twigs said...

Hello, I met your mom recently we both work for AISD and went to cast together. I am new to this digital scrapbooking stuff and would love some helpful hints and stuff. You have great stuff. My blog is branchsandtwigs.blogspot.com and I have linked you on my page - hope you don't mind. I have scrapbook factory and photoshop elements 6. I have bought stuff from scrapgirls.com and scrap factory is easy to use I can't figure out how to use my scrap girls stuff with it and I just plain don't get the whole photoshop business. I look forward to talking to you soon. BTW my email is vkbentley@yahoo.com if you would prefer to use it rather than comments. I know I am rambling now...