Monday, October 13, 2008

Hi There!

You know what is hilarious? And slightly embarrassing too?

When your kid gets old enough to mimic you, starts to do it, and then you wonder, "where did he learn that?" Until one day you catch yourself saying it. The lightbulb comes on and you realize you've been saying it all along.

I am fortunate, because my little guy picked up a completely innocuous phrase and nothing telling about my verbal bad habits. He could have very easily been walking around saying, "SERIOUSLY!" all the time. Instead, any time someone, or especially if he walks into a room he says, "Hi There!" It is the cutest thing. I realized that I say that every time I go to get him out of bed. It was a telling moment.

So from Party Boy, Jr. to all of you - "Hi there!!"

2 comments:

jen said...

he he he... now you have me thinking about what I say to Ben! :)

RVingGrams said...

How Cute! Love that boy!! Hope it stays at "Hi There" LOL RVingGrams