Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Strawberry Girl

No, I haven't renamed my kids again. Yet.

We just finished reading a book by the name of Strawberry Girl. It was a really great book. I particularly enjoyed it because it takes place in Florida and everyone has a backwoods, Southern accent. I can do that particular accent really well! I am not backwoods, but I am Southern. I struggled with previous books that had French, Italian, and British accents. The girls always giggle when I try those for some reason.

I think though, that the most rewarding thing about the book was that it made my girls realize just how easy they have it! I mean, they don't have to set a gazillion Strawberry plants and then water them by hand. They don't have the endless job of weeding a large plat of land. Their family's livlihood does not rest, in any part, on their shoulders.

And they realized this last week. That alone made the book worth reading. I can't recommend it enough!

No comments: