Monday, December 29, 2008

My New Freetime Filler


Lego Star Wars. I resisted this game when I first saw it because I thought it would be silly. A silly little kid game.

Oh, I was so wrong.

A good friend gave this game to us for Christmas and let me tell you, we have spent every available minute playing it. Addictive little game that it is.

It's easy enough that the kids can play and have a level of success, but also challenging enough that the adults have enjoyed it as well. I am not a big fan of "fighting games" because I typically struggle to master the usually challenging series of button pushes required to master a particularly crucial move. Thankfully, the Wii eliminates this because you use the Wii remote as a light saber. The buttons are simple to master and using the remote as the light saber makes winning battles pretty simple. Add to that the really funny aspect of the characters shattering into little lego pieces? Brilliant!

The biggest draw for me though is the puzzle aspect. Every level has a challenge that must be figured out in order to advance. I love that!

I feel like I can highly recommend this game to anyone. We sure do love it!

No comments: